The Floor is Currently Shirtless O'clock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run to the hills, the floor is currently shirtless o'clock!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

@ Mark: RE: Holy Mage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VANDERMATT!

VANDERMATT!

@ Mark: RE: Holy Mage Empty
PostSubject: @ Mark: RE: Holy Mage   @ Mark: RE: Holy Mage I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:30 pm

So I checked out the Holy Mage (finally) that you wrote up.

It looks good to me, everything seems really balanced for a casting heavy class, which is hard to do sometimes.

Only thing you did not cover was weapon proficiencies. You mentioned the mage gets bonuses with the deity's favored weapon, so you may want to give proficiency with all simple weapons plus the favored weapon and no armor proficiency. Or reduce the amount of spells per day a little and give them the ability to cast arcane spells in light armor. The amount you reduce will all depend on how powerful you want them to be.

One thing I really liked was the limiting of divine spells up to only fourth level, very smart, but the drawback of that is that higher level healing becomes difficult as people do eventually need spells like heal in order to recover after a major battle.

All in all, though, you did a good job on your first class and have a good understanding of mechanical balance. Great job, dude. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mark
Admin
Mark

@ Mark: RE: Holy Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Mark: RE: Holy Mage   @ Mark: RE: Holy Mage I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Thanks dude I will keep that in mind, I actually wound up having them be proficient with all simple and deity weapons, as well as with light armor like you said. The only thing now is to see how it actually works in game. My sister is playing this class so it will most likely rape everything I can throw at it. She has the best luck I have ever seen in my life, a crit every third roll is just retarded.
Back to top Go down
https://thebluff.aforumfree.com

@ Mark: RE: Holy Mage
Page 1 of 1