The Floor is Currently Shirtless O'clock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run to the hills, the floor is currently shirtless o'clock!!!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Review of the Gigantour last night!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ddrisgood137

ddrisgood137

Review of the Gigantour last night! Empty
PostSubject: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:11 pm

This is Chris BTW. I'll try reviewing last nights show, which was great. There were performances by High On Fire, Job for a Cowboy, Children of Bodom, In Flames, and Megadeth.

I'm almost sore, that crowd was absolutely nuts. The crowds I saw in Portland look downright tame when compared to last night's crowd. I think it's mostly because the show took place in a university sports arena filled with crazy people. Seriously, the mosh pits covered more square feet than my house.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the performances:

High On Fire: I wasn't too thrilled with these guys, though they didn't bore me. It's cool that they were a metal trio, which isn't seen too often. The riffs were aggressive and fast but forgettable, and I wasn't a fan of the vocalist or his sloppy guitar solos. But they were ultimately all right.

http://www.myspace.com/highonfireslays

Job for a Cowboy: I really kinda hate this band and its fans, but they put on a good show. The bassist was cool because he looked way Irish, and the band really got the crowd involved. I enjoyed their performance, but I still don't like their music.

http://www.myspace.com/jobforacowboy

Children of Bodom: Here's where things started to pick up. All of my expectations for Bodom were met and surpassed. Alexi was somewhat drunk, but it had no effect on his performance. I think they had the wildest mosh pits, but I couldn't tell because I was pretty much at they very front. The only downside to Bodom was their setlist, which comprised of seven songs, only two of which were from older albums. Their new stuff is great, but I would have loved to hear their older songs. I guess I just have to see them when they headline a show.

www.myspace.com/childrenofbodom

In Flames: They were good, but not quite as good as Bodom. Thankfully for me they played a lot of songs I was familiar with, but hardly any old stuff. I'm not sure if they even played any old stuff at all. You always need old stuff, everyone likes old stuff. But what new stuff they played they played pretty well. Anders actually forgot the lyrics to one of their songs, which turned out pretty funny. Overall they were good.

www.myspace.com/inflames

Megadeth: Amazing. They started with Dave Mustaine's microphone turned way too low, so I could only hear his voice after they got through a few songs. But man, I couldn't ask for more from them. They played ALL of their good stuff, everything I wanted them to play. And their current guitarist is a beast. Even Dave Mustaine can still take care of lead guitar after disabling the nerves in his left hand for two years in 2002. Yeah, they put on a hell of a show and played all the good songs. Actually, they didn't play Mechanix. Now that I think about it, WTF, no Mechanix? Regardless, awesome show.

http://www.myspace.com/megadeth

Yeah, so... Hi guys.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Admin
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Sounds like a hell of a show dude. Did you get tickets for the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhemfest Tour yet?
Back to top Go down
https://thebluff.aforumfree.com
ddrisgood137

ddrisgood137

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:09 am

No, not yet. I'll get them soon enough though.
Back to top Go down
Elisabeth
Admin
Elisabeth

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:53 am

I have only been to one concert, becuase no one will take me to any more. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mark
Admin
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:55 am

You are the picky one who turns down all the shows that I want to go to...
Back to top Go down
Elisabeth
Admin
Elisabeth

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:56 am

yeah well so!
i dont like screamo music...im sorry.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Admin
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:02 am

I honestly can't name one screamo band that I listen to, can anyone else?
Back to top Go down
bludeath

bludeath

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:05 am

No Mark and thank God.

However, she may be confused with the sometimes screamo-ish sound of A7X?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Admin
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:14 am

There is a very definite line between metal and screamo. Metal isn't for pussies, screamo is a sad attempt at being metal, but showing that you have feelings at the same time. Basically it is a whiny emo bitch projecting his problems onto an audience set to music.
Back to top Go down
Elisabeth
Admin
Elisabeth

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:07 am

okay, whatever you say.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of the Gigantour last night!   Review of the Gigantour last night! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review of the Gigantour last night!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Floor is Currently Shirtless O'clock :: Music-
Jump to: